Updated June 1, 2017
Scope. Customer and all persons and entities, including Customer’s end-users, employees, agents, representatives, affiliates and third-party contractors, accessing the Services must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”). By using the Services, Customer acknowledges and agrees to ensure compliance with this AUP. SBT may modify this AUP at any time upon notice to Customer by posting the most current AUP to SBT’s website.
Restrictions on Use. Customer shall comply with the AUP and not permit the Services to be used in or for any illegal, fraudulent, unauthorized or improper manner or purpose. Customer shall ensure that the Services will only be used in compliance with all applicable state, federal, and international laws, rules and regulations, all Internet, data, telecommunications, telemarketing, “spam”, and import/export laws and regulations, including, without limitation, the U.S. Export Administration Regulations and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991 (“TCPA”). Without limiting the foregoing, Customer agrees to not permit the Services to be used to transmit or disseminate any:
- junk mail, spam, or unsolicited material to persons or entities that have not agreed to receive such material or to whom Customer or its end-users do not otherwise have a legal right to send such material;
- material that infringes or violates any third party’s intellectual property rights, rights of publicity, privacy, or confidentiality, or the rights or legal obligations of any wireless service provider or any of its customers or subscribers;
- material or data, that is illegal, or material or data, as determined by SBT (in SBT’s sole discretion), that is harassing, coercive, defamatory, libelous, abusive, threatening, obscene, or otherwise objectionable, materials that are harmful to minors or excessive in quantity, or materials the transmission of which could diminish or harm the reputation or business of SBT or any third-party service provider involved in the provision of theServices;
- material or data that is alcoholic beverage-related (e.g., beer, wine, or liquor), tobacco-related (e.g., cigarettes, cigars, pipes, chewing tobacco), guns or weapons-related (e.g., firearms, bullets), illegal drugs-related (e.g., marijuana, cocaine), pornographic-related (e.g., adult themes, sexual content), crime-related (e.g., organized crime, notorious characters), violence-related (e.g., violent games), death-related (e.g., funeral homes, mortuaries), hate-related (e.g. racist organizations), gambling-related (e.g., casinos, lotteries), or that specificallymentionsanywirelesscarrierorcopiesorparodiestheproductsorServicesofanywirelesscarrier;
- viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer-programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data, or personal information;
- material or information that is false, misleading, or inaccurate;
- material that would expose SBT, any third-party service provider involved in providing the Services, or any other party or third party to liability; and/or
- any signal or impulse that could cause electrical, magnetic, optical, or other technical harm to the equipment or facilities of SBT or any third party.
- Customer shall not access any carrier services that Customer has not ordered or for which Customer has not paid applicable charges. Customer will not use or attempt to use a third party’s account with SBT, or interfere with the security of, or otherwise abuse, the Services or other SBT customers. Customer shall not interfere in any manner with SBT’s provision of theServices.
Notice. The customer is solely responsible for any and all activities that occur on its Services account. Customer agrees to immediately notify SBT of any unauthorized use of the Services or any other breach of security known to Customer and shall cooperate with SBT in investigations and other actions taken for suspected or known violations of the AUP, including any incidents of spam by Customer or any end-user.