Work at Solutions by Text
Location: Dallas, TX
Job type: Full-time
Title: Accounts Receivable Specialist
Reports To: Director of Finance
Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities apply to this job.
Job-Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare billing and collection reports
- Process and distribute client billing
- Manage client payment information and process payments accurately in a secure environment
- Process internal and external communications concerning billing and payments
- Communicate across departments and with clients regarding client accounts
- Post daily deposits and reconcile payments
- Evaluate current accounts receivable procedures and recommend improvements as necessary
Generic Duties & Responsibilities
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to internal and external needs to meet or exceed expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency
andrisks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Provide suggestions for the development and enhancement of SBT’s corporate website as it pertains to employee and customer satisfaction
- Other duties as may be assigned
Compliance Duties & Responsibilities
- Identification of non-compliant accounting processes or practices
- Seek access to data only through the authorization and access control process
- Access only that data which is necessary to carry out job responsibilities
- Attend training related to financial and accounting requirements
- Enforce PCI compliance standards with staff and clients
Employees must meet the following requirements to be considered for this job.
- Mandatory Experience: Minimum six month's experience in customer service
- Mandatory Education: High School diploma or equivalent
- Desirable Education: College Degree
- Able to use MS Outlook to send and retrieve emails and to schedule events.
- Able to create documents in Word.
- Able to create manipulate spreadsheets in Excel.
- Able to update BaseCamp, Highrise, and internal Google Docs to manage accounts.
- Able to use various CRM software.
- If you are interested in this position, apply now!
Contact with Others
This role has contact with clients, potential clients, other third parties, and other Company employees.
- Mandatory Experience: Minimum 3 year’s experience within the Company or equivalent outside of the Company
- Desirable Experience: 3+ years accounts receivable or related experience
- Mandatory Education: High School Diploma
- Desirable Education: Post-secondary certification or College Degree with an emphasis in accounting
- Certificates, Licenses, & Registration: CB beneficial
Employees must be able to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Industry & Company-Specific Knowledge: Demonstrate knowledge of SBT software and how to navigate through various reports
- Job-Specific Knowledge:
- Demonstrate knowledge of Quickbooks
- Demonstrate knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Math Skills:
- Advanced mathematical and logical deduction skills
- Understanding of formulas used to analyze data and create billing reports
- Job-Specific Reasoning Skills:
- Able to interpret and present information in an articulate and understandable manner to a variety of audiences
- Able to manage self and demonstrate excellent time management skills
- Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Computer Skills:
- Able to use Quickbooks to transact and analyze data
- Able to use MS Outlook to send and retrieve emails and to schedule events
- Able to create documents in MS Word
- Able to create spreadsheets in MS Excel
- Able to update BaseCamp and/or Highrise software
- Able to use internet-based transaction processing systems
- Able to use various CRM software (SalesForce knowledge preferred)
- Physical Requirements:
- Frequent talking on the telephone
- Frequent sitting
- Frequent and repetitive typing and writing